Watch the Video
How to use the Kick
- ***USE IMR BATTERIES ONLY*** The Kick was designed to be used with IMR batteries only.
USE ONLY IMR BATTERIES.
- DO NOT REMOVE THE CLEAR SHRINK-WRAP: It acts as a protective second layer of insulation against shorts.
- INSTALLING KICK MODULE: The Kick MUST be installed correctly. The bottom of the Kick must sit directly on the positive terminal of the battery (button end for button-top batteries). The top of the Kick (the end with the blue adjustment box) must be oriented towards the head of the device (never towards a device spring). The Kick is designed to be used in 18650 metal tube mods with an IMR 18490 or 18500 battery. Several device manufacturers are considering building extensions or longer tubes to permit the Kick to be used with the larger 18650 IMR batteries. The Kick may also be used with 18500 metal tube mods with an IMR 18350 battery.
- GROUND SPRING: You will notice a small spring attached to the top (side edge) of the Kick. This has been carefully designed and is an ESSENTIAL component of the Kick for proper functioning. The spring MUST make contact with the grounded inner wall of the battery tube. If this spring does not make contact, the Kick will not function. SOME (few) DEVICES HAVE ANODIZED or POWDER COAT ON THE INSIDE OF THE BATTERY Compartment. This can interfere with the ground connection. These coatings must be removed at the point of contact with the ground spring.
NOTE: DEVICE TUBES VARY - The internal diameter is wider on some and narrower on others. Please do not use the Kick in tube mods with an internal diameter greater than 19.5mm.
- Setting your Power Level (watts setting): The adjustment potentiometer (blue box) is located on the top side of the Kick. In the center of the box is a white adjustment screw to be used for adjusting the Kick's power setting. The watts settings are marked ON THE CIRCUIT BOARD and can be seen around the pot/blue-box. NOTE: there are lines underneath each setting number, follow the lines to the corresponding watts setting. Turning the adjustment screw clockwise increases power and counter-clockwise decreases power. The settings range is from 5 watts to 10 watts. The Kick performs best with attys/cartos rated between 1.3 to 3.0 Ohms. You can use higher rated resistance but the Kick will not regulate well at the highest power levels if resistance is above 3 ohms. Unlike Variable voltage devices, the Kick does not need frequent adjustments. Once you find your preferred Power level, there is no need to constantly adjust it because the Kick will maintain that Power level even if you change attys/cartos and/or resistance.
You can use an under-load digital meter to see the volts as you change resistances and/or settings. AN ATOMIZER OR CARTOMIZER MUST BE ATTACHED TO THE METER OR YOU WILL NOT GET ANY READING.
- Low Battery Indicator: The Kick will detect, and stop functioning, when a battery charge level drops below 3.2 volts UNDER LOAD (with an atty/carto attached). This is a safety feature. The Kick will tell you this feature is activating when you experience STUTTER VAPE (vapor-no vapor alternating - may feel like tss-tss-tss). If you continue to vape beyond this indicator, the Kick will stop functioning until a fresh battery charge is detected. If you remove the battery and meter test it (unloaded) it may read between 3.4 and 3.6 volts. There are many variables that can contribute to the various unloaded readings.
- Battery life per charge: Many variables contribute to battery life per charge cycle. The Kick incorporates a boost circuit which requires more of your battery. Aggregate button/activation time, power setting, and atty/carto selection all factor into this equation. Battery age and conductive efficiency of the different devices are also variables. Using the Kick will reduce battery life per charge cycle. There is no way to provide use time per charge cycle as there are too many variables. On average, testers experienced reductions ranging from 10 to 20% depending on many different use variables.
- Short Circuit Protection: The Kick will detect shorts in the connection between the Kick and the atty/carto coil. This sensor is sensitive and if it detects short, the Kick will not fire. If you experience this, unthread your atty/carto and clean out any accumulated juice in all connections and then gently re-thread atty/carto until only finger-tip snug. If device still will not fire, try a different atty/carto and/or adapter. This is designed both as a safety feature and to protect the components of the Kick module.
- Battery safety: Please read the information on ECF and your battery supplier about recommended battery maintenance and overall battery safety in charging and using your batteries. Older batteries may not function as well as newer batteries. If a battery ever shows any sign of damage (torn or cracked outer surface, dents, or other), please discontinue all use of that battery and dispose of it in an approved battery recycling facility. Batteries should never be thrown into the trash - they should always be given to a recycling center that accepts batteries.
IF, FOR ANY REASON, YOU EXPEREINCE A BATTERY THAT OVER-HEATS, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE USE OF THAT BATTERY. IF THIS HAPPENS WHILE USING YOUR KICK MODULE - PLEASE NOTIFY EVOLVAPOR USING THE "CONTACT US" LINK ON THE EVOLVAPOR.COM WEBSITE.
*****REMEMBER - USE IMR BATTERIES ONLY*****
Note: The base of the Kick module is a heat synch. You may notice some warmth on the body of your devices with heavy use. This warmth is normal.
(Note: this is by no means a complete list of compatible devices but rather a list of devices verified as compatible in our testing.)
- • XHaler
- • Precise Plus and P18650 (P18500 with 18350 battery)
- • Megaladon
- • Silver Bullet
- • Empire (best to fully down thread outer sleeve when installing and removing Kick)
- • GVM (Groove and Smooth)
- • GGTS
- • Roughstack
- • The Cube
- • REO Grand (modifications required: please check with device manufacturer for further details.)
Other metal tube devices may work with the Kick module, please adhere to the above mentioned 19.5mm internal diameter dimension